I am always in need of a good gluten/grain free breakfast that I can make ahead and eat through out the week. These mini muffins is the perfect answer. There is no additional sweetener too!
|Before - I did not top off the muffin after adding the blueberries|
|After - Notice that the blueberries are on top of the muffin. Next time I think I will top of the muffin to ensure all the blueberries juices are captured in muffins.|
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 small bananas (the riper the bananas, the sweeter and more pronounce the banana flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- About 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray with cooking spray or grease mini muffin pan.
- Mix almond butter and bananas in a blender until pureed and smooth.
- Add the eggs, baking soda, and vinegar, and blend well.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup. Top each one with about three blueberries. Divide the remaining batter between the muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon more on each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan to cool on a rack.